Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Syrian

It is strange how artists go through dull period, but then bounce back as if they just painted yesterday..I bought this new easel so I could try bigger oil paintings at some point...However, I saw some photos online and I got inspired about painting people and traditions that I grew up with as a child..These traditions are fading away in the face of Globalization... Clothes are being substituted for Jeans and T-shirts, and food for McDonald!! I did this painting vertically on my new easel. Painting vertically is exciting but very difficult and challenging!!..I liked how the paint dribbles down...I tried to convey a picture in the most simple and free way...The trick is not to overwork it..I like it... Original Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fogline/5064819763/in/set-72157624102337504

No comments: