Sunday, September 05, 2010

Cape Neddick Lighthouse


I am working on a few paintings for our new medical center. We'll be moving in November, but I have to submit them before the end of this month. This is the first one. I got the picture from the internet. The sky in the picture was completely blue, so I created the clouds. Also, the picture had a small red shed and a white picket fence. I eliminated them as I thought they would create a compositional imbalance. I am trying to convey a sense of early spring, where the winter clouds are still lurking around, but the sun bravely shines and tries to kill the chill in the air..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend!

I saw this watercolor while looking up images on google images. I just have to say how funny it was because I painted a similar scene, creating clouds out of imagination, too! It's so strange how we both created a wonderful representation of this lighthouse! I did mine in oils, and your watercolor is just fantastic!

Anyways, just wanted to say great job and hello! I wish I lived in Maine, but so far my life has kept me away. My wife and I have visited about six times in our life. i'd give anything to be back there this summer...such a magical place!

God bless and keep up the great work! This painting is VERY good!

Bob