Sunday, May 04, 2008

Contemplations/ Fishing!





Few weeks ago, I was experimenting with my model with different poses, and finally this pose hit it for me. I sketched it with charcoal on a full sheet of paper. I put it aside for a while, and today I worked on it! It was nerve wrecking. The way the colors were blending and interacting caused a lot of anxiety, anger, happiness, enjoyment, and at the end a feeling of relief that the work is done. I don't know now how I feel about it, or if I like it, but I'll leave it for the critics to decide it's fate!!
By the way, that's a sucker fish. It is a scavenger that feeds on the bottom of lakes. I caught around 20 of them, this was the biggest, around 25 inches. No fish were harmed, and all were returned safely to the water!

1 comment:

Cheri Walton said...

Hi,

I just read your comment on my blog about my watercolors. Thanks for the compliments. The compositions in all the paintings are well-plannned. They may not be conventional, but they are carefully designed to portray my comments on the human race and relationships between people.